lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl / Cominvent <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Solr data type for date faceting
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 10:51:56 GMT
If you want to change the schema on the live index, make sure you do a compatible change, as
Solr does not do any type checking or schema change validation.

I would ADD a field with another name for the tint field.
Unfortunately you have to re-index to have an index built on this field.
May I suggest that you start re-feeding a portion of the index every day until finished. Use
large batches between each commit(), and make sure to run an optimize every copule of days
to get rid of "dead meat".

If you simply do not have the orignial data for refeed, perhaps it is possible to extract
all string values offline from the index and somehow rebuild the index offline?

Andrzej, is that possible?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com