lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Allan <mark.al...@ed.ac.uk>
Subject Re: how to create a custom type in Solr
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2010 08:04:29 GMT
I see you have the exact same requirements I did and have also hit the
same problem I did a month-or-so ago.  I ended up writing a custom
field type based on solr.schema.PointType and making some very minor
modifications to one of the Solr classes (AbstractSubfieldType) to
allow the field a certain degree of repeatability without affecting
existing functionality.

I offered my modifications to the list but no-one seemed interested.
Let me know if you want the code and a walkthrough of what it does.

Mark

On 7 Aug 2010, at 3:36 am, Lance Norskog wrote:

> Use OR between multiple ranges.
>
> On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 8:52 AM, Thomas Joiner <thomas.b.joiner@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>> This will work for a single range.  However, I may need to support
>> multiple
>> ranges, is there a way to do that?
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Jan Høydahl / Cominvent <
>> jan.asf@cominvent.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Your use case can be solved by splitting the range into two int's:
>>>
>>> Document: {title: My document, from: 8000, to: 9000}
>>> Query: q=title:"My" AND (from:[* TO 8500] AND to:[8500 TO *])
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
>>> Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com
>>> Training in Europe - www.solrtraining.com

>>> seems
>>> my
>>> Do I
>>> should I
>>> go
>>> data,

>>> the
>>> 1.4.1,
>>> would
>>> on

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.