lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Moazzam Khan <moazz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need help with facets
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2010 22:32:59 GMT
Thanks Ahmet that worked!

Here's another issues I have :

Like I said before, I have these fields in Solr documents

FirstName
LastName
RecruitedDate
VolumeDate (just added this in this email)
VolumeDone (just added this in this email)

Now I have to get sum of all VolumeDone (integer field) for this month
by everyone, then take 25% of that number and get all people whose
volume was more than that. Is there a way to do this? :D

I did some research but I wasn't able to come up with an answer.

Thanks,

Moazzam

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Ahmet Arslan <iorixxx@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I have a solr index whose documents have the following
>> fields:
>>
>> FirstName
>> LastName
>> RecruitedDate
>>
>> I update the index when any of the three fields change for
>> that specific person.
>>
>> I need to get facets based on when someone was recruited.
>> The facets are :
>>
>> Recruited within 1 month
>> Recruited within 3 months
>>
>> So if 10 people were recruited within the past month then
>> the count
>> for r"Recruited within 1 month" will be 10.
>>
>> Is there a way to calculate the facets from RecruitedDate?
>
> It is possible with facet.query; something like:
>
> q=*:*&facet=on&facet.query=RecruitedDate:[NOW-1MONTH TO NOW]&facet.query=RecruitedDate:[NOW-3MONTHS
TO NOW]