lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From rajini maski <rajinima...@gmail.com>
Subject Solr-HOW TO HANDLE THE LOCK FILE CREATION WHILE INDEXING AND OPERATION TIMED OUT WEB EXCEPTION ERROR
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 04:10:47 GMT
Hello Everyone,

      Please help me knowing the logic behind this lock file generation
while indexing data in solr!

       The trouble I am facing is as follows:

The data that I indexed is nearly in millions. At the initial level of
indexing I find no errors unless it cross up-to 10lacs documents...But once
it crosses this limit its throwing the web exception error as operation time
out! And simultaneously a kind of LOCK file is generated in //data/index
folder. I found in one thread ( this
thread<http://www.mail-archive.com/solr-user@lucene.apache.org/msg06782.html>
)that
it can be fixed by making some changes in Config xml of solr and also by
increasing java memory space in Tomcat.And I did that...Still the issue is
not solved and i couldn't find any route cause for this error..

Please , whoever know logic behind these two issues i.e,
 1) The web exception error as *operation timed out *
 2) The logic behind* why lock files are created and how they actually work
like!!*

Awaiting replies

Regards,
Rajani Maski