lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: Solr searching performance issues, using large documents (now 1MB documents)
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2010 16:52:25 GMT
On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Peter Spam <pspam@mac.com> wrote:
> So, I went through all the effort to break my documents into max 1 MB chunks, and searching
for hello still takes over 40 seconds (searching across 7433 documents):

>        8 results (41980 ms)
>
> What is going on???  (scroll down for my config).

Are you still faceting on that query also?
Breaking your docs into many chunks means inflating the doc count and
will make faceting slower.
Also, first-time faceting (as with sorting) is slow... did you try
another query after  "hello" (and without a commit happening
inbetween) to see if it was faster?

-Yonik
http://lucenerevolution.org  Lucene/Solr Conference, Boston Oct 7-8