lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Constantijn Visinescu <baeli...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem in setting the request writer in SolrJ (wiki page wrong?)
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:24:42 GMT
Hello,

I'm using an embedded solrserver in my Java webapp, but as far as i
can tell it's defaulting to sending updates in XML, which seems like a
huge waste compared to sending it in Java binary format.

According to this page:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Solrj#Setting_the_RequestWriter

I'm supposed to be able to set the requestwriter like so:
server.setRequestWriter(new BinaryRequestWriter());

However this method doesn't seem to exists in the SolrServer class of
SolrJ 1.4.1 ?

How do i set it to process updates in the java binary format?

Thanks in advance,
Constantijn Visinescu

P.S.
I'm creating my SolrServer instance like this:
	private SolrServer solrServer;
	CoreContainer container = new CoreContainer.Initializer().initialize();
	solrServer = new EmbeddedSolrServer(container, "");

this solrServer wont let me set a request writer.