lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Stanislaw Osinski <stanislaw.osin...@carrotsearch.com>
Subject Re: specifying the doc id in clustering component
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 05:51:55 GMT
> The solr schema has the fields, id,  name and desc.
>
>  I would like to get docs:["name Field here" ] instead of the doc Id
> field as in
> "docs":["200066",         "195650",

The idea behind using the document ids was that based on them you could
access the individual documents' content, including the other fields, right
from the "response" field. Using ids limits duplication in the response text
as a whole. Is it possible to use this approach in your application?

Staszek