lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Max Lynch <ihas...@gmail.com>
Subject Duplicating a Solr Doc
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 03:49:18 GMT
Right now I am doing some processing on my Solr index using Lucene Java.
Basically, I loop through the index in Java and do some extra processing of
each document (processing that is too intensive to do during indexing).

However, when I try to update the document in solr with new fields (using
SolrJ), the document either loses fields I don't explicitly set, or if I
have Solr-specific fields such as a solr "date" field type, I am not able to
copy the value as I can't read the value from Java.

Is there a way to add a field to a solr document without having to re-create
the document?  If not, how can I read the value of a Solr date in java?
Document.get("date_field") returns null even though the value shows up when
I access it through solr.  If I could read this value I could just copy the
fields from the Lucene Document to a SolrInputDocument.

Thanks.