lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Brendan Grainger <brendan.grain...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Doing Shingle but also keep special single word
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 14:06:08 GMT
Hi Scott,

Is there a reason why you wouldn't just index these special words into another field and then
search over both fields? That would also have the nice property of being able to boost on
the special word field if you wanted.

HTH
Brendan

On Aug 20, 2010, at 6:19 AM, scott chu (朱炎詹) wrote:

> I am building index with Shingle filter. We know it's minimum 2-gram but I also want
keep some special single word, e.g. IBM, Microsoft, etc. i.e. I want to do a minimum 2-gram
but also want to have these single word in my index, Is it possible?