lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From zMk Bnc <zig...@hotmail.com>
Subject How do add multivalued entries
Date Sat, 07 Aug 2010 01:27:44 GMT

Hi everybody,
I am trying to add a multivalued content, so an item can belong to class A and class B at
the same time.
On schema.xml I have a definition that goes:
    <fieldType name="typeCatalog" class="solr.TextField" sortMissingLast="true" omitNorms="true">
     <analyzer>        <tokenizer class="solr.PatternTokenizerFactory" pattern=";
*" />           <filter class="solr.LowerCaseFilterFactory" />        <filter
class="solr.TrimFilterFactory" />        <filter class="solr.PatternReplaceFilterFactory"
pattern="([^a-z0-9])" replacement="" replace="all" />      </analyzer>    </fieldType>
And then a field:
   <field name="catalog" type="typeCatalog" indexed="true" stored="true" multivalued="true"
required="true"/>
When adding an element "xx", for example, I am sending the string "Biology; Cience" to "catalog",
expecting to have to "Biology" and "Cience" as different entries for the element "xx".However,
what I receive is "Biology; Cience" as a mono-valued instead of multi-valued.
Anyone any ideas on how to fix this?
Cheers!