lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Peter Spam <ps...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Solr searching performance issues, using large documents (now 1MB documents)
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2010 18:34:48 GMT
This is a very small number of documents (7000), so I am surprised Solr is having such a hard
time with it!!

I do facet on 3 terms.

Subsequent "hello" searches are faster, but still well over a second.  This is a very fast
Mac Pro, with 6GB of RAM.

Thanks,
Peter

On Aug 25, 2010, at 9:52 AM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Peter Spam <pspam@mac.com> wrote:
>> So, I went through all the effort to break my documents into max 1 MB chunks, and
searching for hello still takes over 40 seconds (searching across 7433 documents):