lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject ANNOUNCE: Stump Hoss @ Lucene Revolution
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2010 20:49:52 GMT

Hey everybody,

As you (hopefully) have heard by now, Lucid Imagination is sponsoring a
Lucene/Solr conference in Boston about 6 weeks from now.  We've got a lot
of really great speakers lined up to give some really interesting
technical talks, so I offered to do something a little bit different.

I'm going to be in the hot seat for a "Stump The Chump" style session,
where I'll be answering Solr questions live and unrehearsed...

 	http://bit.ly/stump-hoss

The goal is to really make me sweat and work hard to think of creative
solutions to non-trivial problems on the spot -- like when I answer
questions on the solr-user mailing list, except in a crowded room with
hundreds of people staring at me and laughing.

But in order to be a success, we need your questions/problems/challenges!

If you had a tough situation with Solr that you managed to solve with a
creative solution (or haven't solved yet) and are interesting to see what
type of solution I might come up with under pressure, please email a
description of your problem to stump@lucenerevolution.org -- More details
online...

http://lucenerevolution.org/Presentation-Abstracts-Day1#stump-hostetter

Even if you won't be able to make it to Boston, please send in any
challenging problems you would be interested to see me tackle under the
gun.  The session will be recorded, and the video will be posted online
shortly after the conference has ended.  And if you can make it to Boston:
all the more fun to watch live and in person (and maybe answer follow up
questions)

In any case, it should be a very interesting session: folks will either
get to learn a lot, or laugh at me a lot, or both.  (win/win/win)

-Hoss

--
http://lucenerevolution.org/  ...  October 7-8, Boston
http://bit.ly/stump-hoss      ...  Stump The Chump!