lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: How to use synonms on a faceted field with multiple words
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2010 22:59:52 GMT
: A quick and dirty work around using Solr 1.4 is to replace spaces in the synonm file with

: some other character/pattern. I used ## (i.e. video => digital##media). Then add the

: solr.PatternReplaceFilterFactory after the synonm filter to replace pattern with space.

: This works, but I'd love to know if there is a better way.

A feature was added a little while back (i think by Koji) to let you
specify a "tokenizerFactory" attribute when you declare a
SynonymFilterFactory -- it's then used to parse the synonyms file.

i think it was included in 1.4, but i may be wrong.

-Hoss

--
http://lucenerevolution.org/  ...  October 7-8, Boston
http://bit.ly/stump-hoss      ...  Stump The Chump!