lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Hasnain <hasn...@hotmail.com>
Subject Prioritizing advectives in solr search
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 07:15:54 GMT

Hi,

   My question is related to search results giving less importance to
adjectives,

here is my scenario, im using dismax handler and my understanding is when I
query "Blue hammer", solr brings me results for "blue hammer", "blue" and
"hammer", and in the same hierarchy, which is understandable, is there any
way I can manage the "blue" keyword, so that solr searches for "blue hammer"
and "hammer" and not any results for "blue".

my handler is as follows...

 <requestHandler name="standard2" class="solr.SearchHandler">
    <!-- default values for query parameters -->
     <lst name="defaults">
	 <str name="defType">dismax</str>
       <str name="echoParams">explicit</str>
		<str name="tie">0.6</str>
		<str name="pf">name^2.3 mat_nr^0.4</str>
	<str name="mm">0%</str>

any suggestion on this??