lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade to Solr 1.4, very slow at start up when loading all cores
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 20:45:40 GMT
On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 4:52 PM, Renee Sun <renee_sun@mcafee.com> wrote:
>  - do you have any warming queries configured?
> ----> no, all autowarmingcount are set to 0 for all caches

Any static warming requests though (newSearcher / firstSearcher hooks
in solrconfig.xml)?
Is anything at all querying these cores while you are trying to start
everything up?

>  - do the cores have documents already, and if so, how many per core?
> ----> yes, 130 cores total, 2,3 of them already have 1~2.4 million
> documents, others have about 50,000 documents
>  - are you using the same schema & solrconfig, or did you upgrade?
> ----> yes, absolutely no change
>  - have you tried finding out what is taking up all the memory (or
> all the CPU time)?
> ----> yes, JConsole shows after 70 cores are loaded in about 4 minutes, all
> 16GB memory are taken and rest of cores load extremely slow. The memory
> remain high and never dropped.

The question that we need to figure out is: what is taking the memory
in 1.4 that did not in 1.3?
Perhaps a memory profiler will point to where all of the extra memory
is being allocated?

-Yonik
http://lucenerevolution.org  Lucene/Solr Conference, Boston Oct 7-8