lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to tell Solr to return all fields including empty fields?
Date Sat, 02 Oct 2010 01:45:46 GMT
Nope. If a field is empty, it's just not in the document. You could index
an empty value (some unique value for empty) if you really need this.

But a more interesting question is why you need this. What is it about
returning an empty field that's important? Couldn't you detect this through
the absence of the field?

Best
Erick