lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Toke Eskildsen ...@statsbiblioteket.dk>
Subject Re: Solr: using to index large folders recursively containing lots of different documents, and querying over the web
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 12:17:58 GMT
On Fri, 2011-01-14 at 13:05 +0100, Cathy Hemsley wrote:
> I hope you can help.  We are migrating our intranet web site management
> system to Windows 2008 and need a replacement for Index Server to do the
> text searching.  I am trying to establish if Lucene and Solr is a feasible
> replacement, but I cannot find the answers to these questions:

The answers to your questions are yes and no to all of them. Solr does
not do what you ask out of the box, but it can certainly be done by
extending Solr or using it as at the core of another system.

Some time ago I stumbled upon http://www.constellio.com/ which seems to
be exactly what you're looking for.