lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@openindex.io>
Subject Re: Does field collapsing (with facet) reduce performance?
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 00:27:18 GMT
There is always CPU and RAM involved for every nice component you use. Just
how much the penalty is depends completely on your hardware, index and type of
query. Under heavy load it numbers will change.

Since we don't know your situation and it's hard to predict without
benchmarks, you should really do the tests yourself.