lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Raymi <ra...@gmx.ch>
Subject use query to set filter on fields
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2011 08:48:39 GMT
Hi,

I'm evaluating SOLR and have a question about query processing. Is it
possible to set filters on fields according to the terms entered in the
query? I know that I can use dismax to search in multiple fields.
However, what I want to achieve for a given query is the following:
  - parse all terms in the query
  - determine values of different fields that match these terms
  - set filters for these values
  - return all documents matching the filters

Example:
documents representing cars with fields "manufacturer" and "color"
query for "red ford" sets filters manufacturer=ford, color=red

One can then use faceted navigation to further drill down.

Is this possible with SOLR?

Thanks.
Cheers,

Dominik