lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rochkind <rochk...@jhu.edu>
Subject Re: searching against unstemmed text
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2011 17:59:14 GMT
Do you have to do anything special to search against a field in Solr?
No, that's what Solr does.

Please be more specific about what you are trying to do, what you expect
to happen, and what happens instead.

If your Solr field is analyzed to stem, then indeed you can only match
stemmed tokens, because that's the only tokens that are there.  You can
create a different solr field that is not stemmed for wildcard searches
if you like, which is perhaps what you're trying to do, but you haven't
really told us.