lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rochkind <rochk...@jhu.edu>
Subject Re: Sub query using SOLR?
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2011 19:36:37 GMT
Yeah, I don't believe there's any good way to do it in Solr 1.4.

You can make two queries, first make your 'sub' query, get back the list
of values, then construct the second query where you do "{!field
v=field_name} val1 OR val2 OR val3 ....  OR valN"

Kind of a pain, and there is a maximum number of conditions you can have
in there (1024 maybe?).

It is OFT requested behavior, and the feature on SOLR-2272 is very
exciting to me and I think would meet a lot of needs, but I haven't
tried it yet myself.

Jonathan

On 1/4/2011 2:03 PM, Steven A Rowe wrote:
> Hi Barani,
>
> I haven't tried it myself, but the limited JOIN functionality provided by SOLR-2272 sounds
very similar to what you want to do: