lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: please make JSONWriter public
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 15:46:26 GMT
You may have noticed the ResponseWriter code is pretty hairy!  Things
are package protected so that the API can change between minor release
without concern for back compatibility.

In 4.0 (/trunk) I hope to rework the whole ResponseWriter framework so
that it is more clean and hopefully stable enough that making parts
public is helpful.

For now, you can:
- copy the code
- put your class in the same package name
- make it public in your own distribution

ryan

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 2:56 PM, Paul Libbrecht <paul@hoplahup.net> wrote:

> Hello fellow SOLR experts,
>
> may I ask to make top-level and public the class
>    org.apache.solr.request.JSONWriter
> inside
>    org.apache.solr.request.JSONResponseWriter
> I am re-using it to output JSON search result to code that I wish not to change on the
client but the current visibility settings (JSONWriter is package protected) makes it impossible
for me without actually copying the code (which is possible thanks to the good open-source
nature).