lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From openvictor Open <openvic...@gmail.com>
Subject Searching all terms - SolrJ
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 22:20:58 GMT
Dear all,

First I am sorry if this question has already been asked ( I am sure it
was...) but I can't find the right option with solrj.

I want to query only documents that contains ALL query terms.
Let me take an example, I have 4 documents that are simple sequences  ( they
have only one field : text ):

1 : The cat is on the roof
2 : The dog is on the roof
3 : The cat is black
4 : the cat is black and on the roof

if I search "cat roof" I will have doc 1,2,3,4
In my case I would like to have only : doc 1 and doc 4 (either cat or roof
don't appear in doc 2 and 3).

Is there a simple way to do that automatically with SolrJ or should I should
something like :
text:cat AND text:roof ?

Thank you very much for your help !

Best regards,