lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: multi-core solr, specifying the data directory
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 19:38:32 GMT

: Unless I'm doing something wrong, in my experience in multi-core Solr in
: 1.4.1, you NEED to explicitly provide an absolute path to the 'data' dir.

have you looked at the example/multicore directory that was included in
the 1.4.1 release?

it has a solr.xml that loads two cores w/o specifying a data dir in the
solr.xml (or hte solrconfig.xml) and it uses the "data" dir inside the
specified instanceDir.

If that example works for you, but your own configs do not, then we'll
need more details about your own configs -- how are you running solr, what
does the solrconfig.xml of the core look like, etc...

-Hoss