lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From karsten-s...@gmx.de
Subject Solr without Server / Search solutions with Solr on DVD (examples?)
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 14:12:16 GMT
Hi folks,

we want to migrate our search-portal to Solr.
But some of our customers search in our informations offline with a DVD-Version.
So we want to estimate the complexity of a Solr DVD-Version.
This means to trim Solr to work on small computers with the opposite of heavy loads. So no
server-optimizations, no Cache, less facet terms in memory...

My question:
Does anyone know examples of solutions with Solr starting from DVD?

Is there a tutorial for “configure a slow Solr for Computer with little main memory”?

Any best practice tips from yourself?

Best regards
  Karsten