lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Karsten Fissmer" <karsten-s...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Solr without Server / Search solutions with Solr on DVD (examples?)
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 17:48:42 GMT
Hi yonik, Hi Ezequiel,

Java is no problem for an DVD Version. We already have a DVD version with Servlet-Container
(but this does currently not use Solr).

Some of our customers work in public sector institutions and have less then 1gb main memory,
but they use MS Word and IE and..

But let us say that we can set Xmx384m (we have 14m documents).
Xmx384m with 14m UnitsOfRetrieval means e.g. that we do not allow the same fields for sorting
as on server.

My main interest is an example of other companies/product who delivered information on DVD
with "stand alone" Solr.

Best regards
  Karsten