lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Koji Sekiguchi <k...@r.email.ne.jp>
Subject Re: what happens to docsPending if stop solr before commit
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 23:03:20 GMT
(11/04/06 5:25), Robert Petersen wrote:
> I tried to find the answer to this simple question online, but failed.
> I was wondering about this, what happens to uncommitted docsPending if I
> stop solr and then restart solr?  Are they lost?  Are they still there
> but still uncommitted?  Do they get committed at startup?  I noticed
> after a restart my 250K pending doc count went to 0 is what got me
> wondering.

Robi,

Usually they are never lost, but they are committed.

When you stop Solr, servlet container (Jetty) calls servlets/filters
destroy() methods. This causes closing all SolrCores. Then SolrCore.close()
calls UpdateHandler.close(). It calls SolrIndexWriter.close(). Then
pending docs are flushed, then committed.

Koji
--
http://www.rondhuit.com/en/