lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rochkind <rochk...@jhu.edu>
Subject Re: Can I set up a config-based distributed search
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 16:12:10 GMT
I have not worked with shards/distributed, but I think you can probably
specify them as defaults in your requesthandler in your solrconfig.xml
instead.

Somewhere there is (or was) a wiki page on this I can't find right now.
There's a way to specify (for a particular request handler) a default
parameter value, such as for 'shards', that will be used if none were
given with the request. There's also a way to specify an invariant that
will always be used even if something else is passed in on the request.

Ah, found it: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SearchHandler#Configuration