lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rochkind <rochk...@jhu.edu>
Subject Re: Solr 3.1 ICU filters (error loading class)
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2011 17:46:07 GMT
I don't think you want to put them in solr_home, I think you want to put
them in solr_home/lib/.  Or did you mean that's where you put them?

On 4/18/2011 1:31 PM, Demian Katz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm interested in trying out the new ICU features in Solr 3.1.  However, when I attempt
to set up a field type using solr.ICUTokenizerFactory and/or solr.ICUFoldingFilterFactory,
Solr refuses to start up, issuing "Error loading class" exceptions.

> I did see the README.txt file that mentions lucene-libs/lucene-*.jar and lib/icu4j-*.jar.
 I tried putting all of these files under my Solr home directory, but it made no difference.

> Is there some other .jar that I need to add to my library folder?  Am I doing something
wrong with the known dependencies?  (This is the first time I've seen a lucene-libs directory,
so I wasn't sure if that required some special configuration).  Any general troubleshooting
advice for figuring out what is going wrong here?