lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Peter Spam <ps...@mac.com>
Subject Tips for getting unique results?
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 05:13:44 GMT
Hi,

I have documents with a field that has "1A2B3C" alphanumeric characters.  I can query for
* and sort results based on this field, however I'd like to "uniq" these results (remove duplicates)
so that I can get the 5 largest unique values.  I can't use the StatsComponent because my
values have letters in them too.

Faceting (and ignoring the counts) gets me half of the way there, but I can only sort ascending.
 If I could also sort facet results descending, I'd be done.  I'd rather not return all documents
and just parse the last few results to work around this.

Any ideas?

-Pete