lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Demian Katz <demian.k...@villanova.edu>
Subject Solr 3.1 ICU filters (error loading class)
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2011 17:31:00 GMT
Hello,

I'm interested in trying out the new ICU features in Solr 3.1.  However, when I attempt to
set up a field type using solr.ICUTokenizerFactory and/or solr.ICUFoldingFilterFactory, Solr
refuses to start up, issuing "Error loading class" exceptions.

I did see the README.txt file that mentions lucene-libs/lucene-*.jar and lib/icu4j-*.jar.
 I tried putting all of these files under my Solr home directory, but it made no difference.

Is there some other .jar that I need to add to my library folder?  Am I doing something wrong
with the known dependencies?  (This is the first time I've seen a lucene-libs directory, so
I wasn't sure if that required some special configuration).  Any general troubleshooting advice
for figuring out what is going wrong here?

thanks,
Demian