lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Frederico Azeiteiro <Frederico.Azeite...@cision.com>
Subject Using MLT feature
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 09:16:12 GMT
Hi,

I would like to hear your opinion about the MLT feature and if it's a
good solution to what I need to implement.

My index has fields like: headline, body and medianame.

What I need to do is, before adding a new doc, verify if a similar doc
exists for this media.

My idea is to use the MorelikeThisHandler
(http://wiki.apache.org/solr/MoreLikeThisHandler) in the following way:

For each new doc, perform a MLT search with q= medianame and
stream.body=headline+bodytext.

If no similar docs are found than I can safely add the doc.

Is this feasible using the MLT handler? Is it a good approach? Are there
a better way to perform this comparison?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Frederico Azeiteiro