lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Lance Norskog <goks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: difference between geospatial search from database angle and from solr angle
Date Sun, 10 Apr 2011 21:24:19 GMT
Wait! How can you do distance calculations across different shards efficiently?

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 7:19 AM, Smiley, David W. <dsmiley@mitre.org> wrote:
> I haven't used PostGIS so I can't offer a real comparison. I think if you were to try
out both, you'd be impressed with Solr's performance/scalability thanks in large part to its
sharding.  But for "functionality richness" in so far as geospatial is concerned, that's
where Solr currently comes short. It just has the basic stuff 80% of people want.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com