lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Unsupported encoding GB18030
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 14:19:57 GMT
Hi,

Then why did it work fine with post.jar on my Mac? The chinese letters show just fine. It
also works using
curl http://localhost:8983/solr/update?commit=true -H "Content-Type: text/xml" --data-binary
@gb18030-example.xml

So I imagine there must be something with Windows XP or the JVM on my Windows box??

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

On 1. apr. 2011, at 15.34, Li Li wrote:

> post.jar only support utf8. you must do the transformation.
>
> 2011/4/1 Jan Høydahl <jan.asf@cominvent.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Testing the new Solr 3.1 release under Windows XP and Java 1.6.0_23
>>
>> When trying to post example\exampledocs\gb18030-example.xml using post.jar I get
this error:
>> % java -jar post.jar gb18030-example.xml
>> jar gb18030-example.xml
>> SimplePostTool: version 1.3
>> SimplePostTool: POSTing files to http://localhost:8983/solr/update..
>> SimplePostTool: POSTing file gb18030-example.xml
>> SimplePostTool: FATAL: Solr returned an error #400 Unsupported encoding: GB18030lap
>>
>> From the stack it is caused by com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxIOException: Unsupported encoding:
GB18030