lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: partial optimize does not reduce the segment number to maxNumSegments
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 00:54:13 GMT

: I have a core with 120+ segment files and I tried partial optimize specify
: maxNumSegments=10, after the optimize the segment files reduced to 64 files;

a) the option you want to specify is "maxSegments" .. not "maxNumSegments"

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateXmlMessages#Optional_attributes_for_.22optimize.22

b) i can't reproduce this ... i just created an index with 200 segments
and when i hit the example url from the wiki...

curl 'http://localhost:8983/solr/update?optimize=true&maxSegments=10&waitFlush=false'

...my index was correctly optimized down to 10 segments.

is it possible that you just didn't wait long enough and you were
observing the number of segments while the optimize was still taking
place?

-Hoss