lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan H√łydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] How do you (like to) do logging with Solr
Date Mon, 16 May 2011 11:47:12 GMT
>> [X]  I sometimes use log4j or another framework and am happy with re-packaging solr.war
>
> actually : not so happy because our operations team has to repackage it.
> But there is no option for
> [X] add the logger configuration to the server's classpath, no
> repackaging!

That's what happens if we ship solr.war without any pre-set logger binding - it's the binding
provided in your app-server's classpath which will be used.

And now my vote:

[ ]  I always use the JDK logging as bundled in solr.war, that's perfect
[ ]  I sometimes use log4j or another framework and am happy with re-packaging solr.war
[X]  Give me solr.war WITHOUT an slf4j logger binding, so I can choose at deploy time
[ ]  Let me choose whether to bundle a binding or not at build time, using an ANT option
[ ]  What's wrong with the "solr/example" Jetty? I never run Solr elsewhere!
[ ]  What? Solr can do logging? How cool!