lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject [POLL] How do you (like to) do logging with Solr
Date Mon, 16 May 2011 08:43:37 GMT
Hi,

This poll is to investigate how you currently do or would like to do logging with Solr when
deploying solr.war to a SEPARATE java application server (such as Tomcat, Resin etc) outside
of the bundled "solr/example". For background on how things work in Solr now, see http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrLogging
and for more info on the SLF4J framework, see http://www.slf4j.org/manual.html

Please tick one of the options below with an [X]:

[ ]  I always use the JDK logging as bundled in solr.war, that's perfect
[ ]  I sometimes use log4j or another framework and am happy with re-packaging solr.war
[ ]  Give me solr.war WITHOUT an slf4j logger binding, so I can choose at deploy time
[ ]  Let me choose whether to bundle a binding or not at build time, using an ANT option
[ ]  What's wrong with the "solr/example" Jetty? I never run Solr elsewhere!
[ ]  What? Solr can do logging? How cool!

Note that NOT bundling a logger binding with solr.war means defaulting to the NOP logger after
outputting these lines to stderr:
SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com