lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Solr security
Date Mon, 09 May 2011 21:28:06 GMT
Hi,

You can simply configure a firewall on your Solr server to only allow access from your frontend
server. Whether you use the built-in software firewall of Linux/Windows/Whatever or use some
other FW utility is a choice you need to make. This is by design - you should never ever expose
your backend services, whether it's a search server or a database server, to the public.

Read more about Solr security on the WIKI: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrSecurity

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com