lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Juan Antonio Farré Basurte <juan.fa...@reviewpro.com>
Subject Re: FieldCache
Date Thu, 26 May 2011 15:14:09 GMT
fieldCache stores one entry for each field that is used for sorting or for field faceting when
you use the fieldCache (fc) method. Before solr 1.4 the method for field faceting was the
enum method that executes a filter query for each unique value of the field and stores it
in the filterCache. From solr 1.4, the default method is fc, except for boolean fields, that
use enum method by default.
So, you should have an entry in fieldCache for each field that you use either for sorting
or for field faceting with fc facet method. Does it match?
I don't know a way to configure the size of the fieldCache. I don't know how much memory does
each entry consume, either.
Sorry not to be of further help.
Cheers