lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mike Sokolov <soko...@ifactory.com>
Subject Re: What is correct use of HTMLStripCharFilter in Solr 3.1
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 19:52:42 GMT
It preserves the location of the terms in the original HTML document so
that you can highlight terms in HTML.  This makes it possible (for
instance) to display the entire document, with all the search terms
highlighted, or (with some careful surgery) to display formatted HTML
(bold, italic, etc) in your search results.

-Mike