lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rochkind <rochk...@jhu.edu>
Subject Re: filter cache and negative filter query
Date Tue, 17 May 2011 22:23:04 GMT
Wait, will a pure negative filter query actually work then, even though
a pure negative lucene 'q' won't?

WOAH, it WILL.  Okay, ignore my last message. But, okay, can someone
explain THAT one to me?

How come &q=-history does NOT work with Solr 1.4.1 lucene query parser,
but &q=something&fq=-history DOES work, even though that fq is still
using the same lucene query parser, no?

On 5/17/2011 6:14 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:
> On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 6:07 PM, Burton-West, Tom<tburtonw@umich.edu>  wrote:
>> If I have a query with a filter query such as : " q=art&fq=history" and then
run a second query  "q=art&fq=-history", will Solr realize that it can use the cached
results of the previous filter query "history"  (in the filter cache)