lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Gary Taylor ...@inovem.com>
Subject Re: Extracting contents of zipped files with Tika and Solr 1.4.1 (now Solr 3.1)
Date Fri, 20 May 2011 15:15:07 GMT
Hello again.  Unfortunately, I'm still getting nowhere with this.  I
have checked-out the 3.1 source and applied Jayendra's patches (see
below) and it still appears that the contents of the files in the
zipfile are not being indexed, only the filenames of those contained files.

I'm using a simple CURL invocation to test this:

curl
"http://localhost:8983/solr/core0/update/extract?literal.docid=74&fmap.content=text&literal.type=5"

-F "commit=true" -F "file=@solr1.zip"

solr1.zip contains two simple txt files (doc1.txt and doc2.txt).  I'm
expecting the contents of those txt files to be extracted from the zip
and indexed, but this isn't happening - or at least, I don't get the
desired result when I do a query afterwards.  I do get a match if I
search for either "doc1.txt" or "doc2.txt", but not if I search for a
word that appears in their contents.

If I index one of the txt files (instead of the zipfile), I can query
the content OK, so I'm assuming my query is sensible and matches the
field specified on the CURL string (ie. "text").  I'm also happy that
the Solr Cell content extraction is working because I can successfully
index PDF, Word, etc. files.

In a fit of desperation I have added log.info statements into the files
referenced by Jayendra's patches (SOLR-2416 and SOLR-2332) and I see
those in the log when I submit the zipfile with CURL, so I know I'm
running those patched files in the build.

If anyone can shed any light on what's happening here, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks and kind regards,
Gary.

--
Gary Taylor
INOVEM

Tel +44 (0)1488 648 480
Fax +44 (0)7092 115 933
gary.taylor@inovem.com
www.inovem.com

INOVEM Ltd is registered in England and Wales No 4228932
Registered Office 1, Weston Court, Weston, Berkshire. RG20 8JE