lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: [POLL-RESULTS] How do you (like to) do logging with Solr
Date Fri, 20 May 2011 13:22:08 GMT
Thanks y'all. Approximate poll summary, including those that voted multiple choice:

[3]  I always use the JDK logging as bundled in solr.war, that's perfect
[6]  I sometimes use log4j or another framework and am happy with re-packaging solr.war
[5]  Give me solr.war WITHOUT an slf4j logger binding, so I can choose at deploy time
[4]  Let me choose whether to bundle a binding or not at build time, using an ANT option
[1]  What's wrong with the "solr/example" Jetty? I never run Solr elsewhere!
[ ]  What? Solr can do logging? How cool!

[1]  Please, better logging documentation!

If we sum it up, there seem to be a clear wish for an easier way of fetching/building a war
without logger binding, as well as better documentation on setting up logging. We'll try to
address this in SOLR-2487. Feel free to continue the discussion there.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com