lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jack Repenning <jrepenn...@collab.net>
Subject Re: Using multiple CPUs for a single document base?
Date Tue, 31 May 2011 19:43:27 GMT
On May 31, 2011, at 12:24 PM, Jonathan Rochkind wrote:

> I do all my 'adds' to a seperate Solr index, and then replicate to a slave that actually
serves queries.

Yes, that's a step I'm holding in reserve. Probably get there some day, as I expect always
to have a very high add-to-query ratio. But for the moment, I don't think I need it.

> My 'master' that I do my adds to is actually on the very same server -- but I run it
in an entirely different java container,

Now THAT was an interesting data point, thanks very much! I hadn't thought of running the
master on the same box!

-==-
Jack Repenning
Technologist