lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Juan Antonio Farré Basurte <juan.fa...@reviewpro.com>
Subject Re: Highlighting does not work when using !boost as a nested query
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 12:26:36 GMT
More information about this problem:
As I said in my previous message, if I issue:
q=+field1:range +field2:value +_query_:{!dismax v=$qq}
highlighting works. I've just discovered the problem is not just with {!boost...}. If I just
add a bf parameter to the previous query, highlighting also fails.
Anybody knows what can be happening? I'm really stuck on this problem...
Thanks a lot,

Juan
Hi,

I need to boost newer documents in my dismax queries.
As I've been able to read in the wiki, it's best to use a multiplicative
boost. The only way I know to do this with the dismax (not edismax)
query parser is via a {!boost b=$dateboost v=$qq defType=dismax} query.
To make things more complicated, I also need to add some filters to the
query (by date range, by field value...) that don't fit as filters, as
they have a huge number of possible unique values.
Hence, I added them to the main query in a form such:

q=+field1:range +field2:value +_query_:{!boost b=$dateboost v=$qq
defType=dismax}

And then I add hl=true as a top-level parameter.
The result is that the response includes some empty values in the
highlighting list and nothing else:

<lst name="highlighting">
<lst/>
<lst/>
<lst/>
<lst/>
<lst/>
<lst/>
<lst/>
<lst/>
<lst/>
<lst/>
</lst>

Using just q={!boost b=$dateboost v=$qq defType=dismax} works well.
Using something like:

q=+field1:range +field2:value +_query_:{!dismax v=$qq}

also works.

But when I try to use dismax inside boost inside a nested query,
highlighting stops working.

Am I doing anyhing wrong? Do you know any workaround? Should I post a
bug anywhere?
Is there another way of specifying a multiplicative boost (without using
edismax)?

Thanks,

Juan