lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Chang <jclal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: highlighting in multiValued field
Date Fri, 27 May 2011 14:24:45 GMT
Hi Bob,

Hmm... I don't think this approach will scale with bigger and more documents :(

Thanks for your help though; I think I should take a look at customizing highlight component
to achieve this...

Thanks,
Jeff

On May 27, 2011, at 12:24 PM, Bob Sandiford <bob.sandiford@sirsidynix.com> wrote:

> The only thing I can think of is to post-process your snippets.  I.E. pull the highlighting
tags out of the strings, look for the match in your result "description" field looking for
a match, and if you find one, replace that "description" with the original highlight text
(i.e. with the highlight tags still in place).