lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jay Luker <lb...@reallywow.com>
Subject Re: Solr performance
Date Wed, 11 May 2011 14:19:26 GMT
On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 7:07 AM, javaxmlsoapdev <vikasdp@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have some 25 odd fields with "stored=true" in schema.xml. Retrieving back
> 5,000 records back takes a few secs. I also tried passing "fl" and only
> include one field in the response but still response time is same. What are
> the things to look to tune the performance.

Confirm that you have enableLazyFieldLoading set to true in
solrconfig.xml. I suspect it is since that's the default.

Is the request taking a few seconds the first time, but returns
quickly on subsequent requests?

Also, may or may not be relevant, but you might find a few bits of
info in this thread enlightening:
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/documentCache-clarification-td1780504.html

--jay