lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Lance Norskog <goks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: solr sorting problem
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 01:35:19 GMT
Two scenarios:
1) you call the indexing API but do not call 'commit'. This makes data
visible to searching.
2) the default solrconfig has HTTP caching turned on. So you redo the
search url, and you get the old result. This is really really
annoying. And you have to change the configuration to specifically not
cache, as shown in the comments.

On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 6:44 AM, Pratik <pratik_dwivedi@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I got over that problem but now i am facing a new problem.
>
> Indexing works but search does not.
>
> I used the following line in the schema:-
> <field name="alphaname" type="alphaOnlySort" indexed="true" stored="false"/>
> and
> <copyField source="foodDescUS" dest="alphaname"/>
>
> I'm trying to use the default "alphaOnlySort" in the sample schema.xml.
> Database is MySQL, there is a column/field named ColXYZ
> My data-config looks like :-
> <field column="ColXYZ" name="foodDescUS" />
> <field column="ColXYZ" name="alphaname" />
>
> In which scenarios would SOLR index the records/documents but the search
> won't work
>
> Thanks --
> View this message in context: http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/solr-sorting-problem-tp486144p2886248.html
> Sent from the Solr - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>



-- 
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Mime
View raw message