lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: wildcards and German umlauts
Date Mon, 30 May 2011 08:27:46 GMT
Hi,

Agree that this is annoying for foreign languages. I get the idea behind the original behaviour,
but there could be more elegant ways of handling it. It would make sense to always run the
CharFilters. Perhaps a mechanism where TokenFilters can be tagged for exclusion from wildcard
terms would be an idea. That way we can skip stemming, synonym and phonetic for wildcard terms,
but still do lowercasing and characterNormalization.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com