lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Joshua Miller <jos...@itsecureadmin.com>
Subject Trouble configuring multicore / accessing admin page
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 19:40:52 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to get SOLR working with multiple cores and have a problem accessing the admin
page once I configure multiple cores.

Problem:
When accessing the admin page via http://solrhost:8080/solr/admin, I get a 404, "missing core
name in path".

Question:  when using the multicore option, is the standard admin page still available?

Environment:
- solr 1.4.1
- Windows server 2008 R2
- Java SE 1.6u27
- Tomcat 6.0.33
- Solr Experience:  none

I have set -Dsolr.solr.home=c:\solr and within that I have a solr.xml with the following contents:

<solr persistent="true" sharedLib="lib">
  <cores adminPath="/admij/cores">
    <core name="core0" instanceDir="cores/core0" />
    <core name="core1" instanceDir="cores/core1" />
  </cores>
</solr>

I have copied the example/solr directory to c:\solr and have populated that directory with
the cores/{core{0,1}} as well as the proper configs and data directories within.

When I restart tomcat, it shows a couple of exceptions related to queryElevationComponent
and null pointers that I think are due to the DB not yet being available but I see that the
cores appear to initialize properly other than that

So the problem I'm looking to solve/clarify here is the admin page - should that remain available
and usable when using the multicore configuration or am I doing something wrong?  Do I need
to use the CoreAdminHandler type requests to manage multicore instead?

Thanks,
--
Josh Miller
Open Source Solutions Architect